Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 9, 2012

Summer and Music

April. I came across with this ad which somehow, is telling me that with "Summer Heat" coming to the Philippines so is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hit the music scene. So just like any music enthusiast, I am grabbing this opportunity to join Philippineconcerts' Choose Your Own Concert Promo for April 2012. And based on the list, I wanted to win a nice, if not the best, seat to watch Sergio Mendes and Brasil.




----------------------------
1. Why do you want to watch the Concert?

After watching Rio (movie), I just had this feeling that I wanted to go to Brazil. It seems that Brazil is a cousin, if not a sister, of our very own country, Philippines. The festive atmosphere and the upbeat music are really captivating and enticing that I wanted to pack up my things, get a ticket, and just fly over there at that moment. With the opportunity of The Sergio Mendes coming to Manila, it's like bringing Brazil and its rich culture to us through music. This is real Brazilian artist who's willing to share his culture and passion of what Brazil is all about. I can just imagine Brazilian experience inside the Big Dome! And just a side note, HE was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song this year, 2012 as he co-wrote the song "Real In Rio" from the animated film Rio!


2. What is your favorite song from the chosen Artist?


That would definitely be Mas Que Nada.


3. Why did you choose that song?


I admit that I first heard it from our very own Sitti (Cafè Bossa), then I later found out that though it was written originally by Jorge Ben, Mas Que Nada has been a signature song of Sergio Mendes. And later still, hearing his re-recording with the Black Eyed Peas was even more unique- different! I never thought that the rhythm of hiphop and the sophistication of bossa nova/samba could make a perfect blend of music. It was ingenius! I couldn't help but play the song in my head right now:




"Oariá raiô 
Obá Obá Obá (lá, lá, lá, lá, lá) 
Oariá raiô Obá Obá Obá..." 


*Here is the youtube version of this song; click here.
-------------------------------------------


I really believe music makes everyone happy.  I like this one quote by Hans Christian Andersen, "Where words fail, music speaks." Indeed, music just transcends boundaries and culture. In my own point of view, it is one of the goals of the Philippine Concert organization; that no matter what language each person speaks, in music we just understand what we want to share to the world. 


Thank you Philippine Concerts! More power to you! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Designed By Blogs Gone Wild!