Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 26, 2012

Chatbox


When was the last time you smiled?
When was the last time you laughed?
When was the last time you felt something was definitely right?

It was late year of the 2000s when I met this person just because I asked various favors from my friend to introduce me. He had nice wavy hair, good set of teeth with braces, well-framed face, and pleasing eyes. He was one word: handsome. The only drawback is he was just as tall as I am. A lot of drama were played just to tease fate that I'd like us to meet. 

And we did meet and his name was something I will never forget.

I asked my friend another set of favors and another set, until I suggested I ran errands for her for a so-called "emergency". To my frustration he did not respond nor even reacted in any way. Then my phone beeped telling me about an incoming message to be read. It was not him but his friend. The frustration just went deeper inside me. On the contrary, I then wore my friendliness and entertained some queries. Unexpectedly, I felt fine- entertained. 

Days turned to weeks. My friend just laughed at me saying that I just didn't hit the target; it slipped to a wrong one. However this "friend" was somebody I did not expect to meet. We almost had almost the same set of likes and dislikes. We talked a variety of things, as the cliche goes, under the sun. Conversation was never plain between us. The exchange of stories was like a wind that never ceased to blow between us. It took awhile until one day I received a message with something like, "...inspiration." Out of curiosity, the means of communication expanded. What happened next was something I will never remove from the box of memories. Roses, a smile, and a name that I held dear.

Unexpectedly, almost everyone knew there was a special connection going between us. Graciously I denied that it was merely friendship, as far as I believed. However, I later found out that the "name" was quite known to some. I felt abashed to my ears but I managed discretely so as not to attract any further attention.

The day came when every friend of ours seemed to accept how I and my friend treated each other in our own special way. I will never forget those three pieces of dark cookies that I wished I never had eaten, or the time when he traced his fingers through my long thin hair, or even the moment he touched my face with both hands just to pull me away from the attention I was giving to other friends. I almost melted but I hid it as proficiently as I could.

These were the moments that you might be smiling as I did. On the other hand, later, I came to realize that I was building something so fragile and as expected, I was shattered to pieces. *

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Designed By Blogs Gone Wild!