Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 23, 2011

Colored Stains

Thursday
Somewhere within the campus
1700 hours


“I wanna be where you are…where loneliness is far”, my phone rang with its new tune. I saw my good friend, Gerald's * name flashing at its scree and I answered with the usual, "Hello budz, what's up?" Before I could even hear his voice, I already know the immediate answer. He and his girlfriend fought again and he needed a confidante: ME.

"Bick, are you within the area? Could we have some coffee?”
“I know you, Gerald. Would you want me to meet you up somewhere?”
“No. I’m in my car now, so just tell me where you are and I’ll be there in five minutes.”
“Okay, I'm taking a break from thesis work.”
“All right, boss. On my way now...”

Fifteen minutes later, I saw a blue BMW came towards the direction where I was sitting. Two signature beeps and I know it was him. I gathered my "self-help" books and walked towards the car.

“Nice one you got here. What’s the assessment of BMW's latest model?"
“So, so…”
“So… look straight to me in the eye and tell me it’s NOT your fault, dear.”
"Ask me that same question again when I get our Java frappe, okay? I think I’m going to burst.”

Gerald and I have been good friends. Since the very first day we were introduced to one another in an event, we were kind of inseparable [that is, if his girlfriend was not around]. People wondered for several years why we never became an "official item". We both dig cars, cartoon, comic books (or graphic novels), coffee, cheese pizza, computer games; I'd say almost all, except chem (he prefers sheer numbers)! 

Somewhere outside the campus
1745 hours

We got a nice place at our favorite coffee shop and upon arrival of what we ordered, Gerald began his qualms.

“I was a total idiot.”

He began his story with the days of "bother-me-not-this-time" and I just sat across him listening that I noticed he was angry but was trying to hold back some tears. For thirty minutes, I didn't utter a single word to distract his pace. I just listened to him intently until I heard myself saying the summary of what happened. Deceit. 

from free stock image

My friend has been cheated by the girl he has been dating for five years. The very first day she told him not to bother her (after their latest misunderstanding), it was the day she entertained her high school classmate's "long time admiration of her". Their love story started that same day. [That b--ch!].

As Gerald continued telling me what happened, I could see pain in his eyes that I felt like hugging him. However, to my own surprise, I felt two hot tears  ruining my lightly painted face. 

“Bick, are you okay?”
“Uhh, yes, I am. I think I caught dirt in my eyes. Thanks.” I lied through my teeth though the truth just struck me right then and there. As I removed my glasses and wiped my cheeks dry with my fingers, I wished my phone ring and hear the same tune I heard when Gerald called earlier that day. 

Inside my bedroom
2200 hours

I wanna be where you are…where loneliness is far. We’re a million miles apart, but I know in my heart” Registered: one missed call.



-----------
Note: *fictional character and place

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Designed By Blogs Gone Wild!